Reliable Metal Roofing in Edmonton
Are you constructing a new condo, church, or retail property? Or, perhaps, looking to spruce up your existing shingles roof by replacing it with something more modern and longer lasting? There are multiple reasons to consider metal roofing, and Edmonton has a great choice with All-Side Contracting Ltd
. for quality products and installations. From basic and sloped metal roofs, to decorative faux shake and ceramic-styled metal roofs, we install a variety of metal roof styles to fit the aesthetic you seek for your house or building.
Today’s metal roof designs come in a multitude of designs
, are highly durable, easy to maintain, and they can be fully customized to suit the unique design of your building. For many years, our team has been installing metal roofing in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. In that time, some major transformations have taken place, making this option even more attractive. If you’ve previously overlooked, or intentionally avoided metal roofs in the past, we’d like you to consider the following advantages and features of modern metal roofs:
- Style: If you think metal roofs are ugly, you haven’t seen the latest modern designs. With decorative shake, ceramic and other styles, you can barely tell the difference between a metal roof and traditional roofing materials.
- Silence: Some people avoid metal roofs because they believe they are noisy when it rains. However, modern insulation has made this issue a thing of the past.
- Durability: Metal roofs last longer than other roofing materials, especially in our harsh climate. They resist damage from rain, wind, and snow; even hail damage is hardly visible on the textured surfaces of modern metal roofs.
- Resistance: Metal roofs are not only good in any weather; they are also resistant to many of nature’s inconveniences, including insects, rot, mildew, and even fire.
- Light weight: Weighing significantly less than traditional shingles, metal roofs can save you big on building and engineering as they require less support from the structure underneath.
- Low maintenance: Once a metal roof is installed by a qualified company, that roof will last for many years—hopefully, for a lifetime—with little to no repairs needed.
Metal roofing can update the look of your building and also improve its functionality. Homes and businesses will both benefit from a new metal roof for many years to come!
Metal Roofs vs. Traditional Shingles
While traditional asphalt shingle roofs tend to be the more common choice among homeowners, choosing to install a metal roof may be the wiser investment, according to the Edmonton Journal. When you install metal roofing in Edmonton, the initial cost may be higher, but you're investing in a roof that will realistically last 50 years or more. In fact, because metal roofs seal out water, can survive higher winds, and don’t accumulate snow as easily as the traditional shingles roof, the roof should last as long as your house. If you plan on keeping your property for a while, you will undoubtedly see a return on your investment.
Metal roofs add value to your property because of their long lifespan, low maintenance, and better heat conduction.
Metal Roofs are Eco-Friendly
Metal roofs are fire-resistant and even recyclable. Given that nearly 10 million tons of asphalt shingles fill up our landfills every year, metal roofs offer an exciting alternative. With a metal roof, you’ll be lowering your carbon footprint. It's easy to see that metal roofing is the environmentally friendly choice. In fact, most metal roofs are constructed using 95% of recycled materials.
Asphalt shingles, while cheap and easy to install and repair, are vulnerable to weather damage, moss, mildew, and algae growth. Additionally, shingles don't tend to shed snow and ice very well. This extra weight can be a safety hazard and a real threat to your roof's structure, especially if it's older in age.
Read more about the benefits of metal roofing in Edmonton.
Choose an Experienced Installer for Metal Roofing in Edmonton
Choose a company that is well-versed in the installation process of metal roofing in Edmonton because metal roofs have a very different installation process from shingle roofs.
Our professionals have installed metal roofs for many homes and businesses throughout Edmonton, and each of our installers has approximately 20 years of experience. We can help you select the right metal roofing material for your building and your budget. Our experienced team provides a full 10-year guarantee on our workmanship, and many of our products are CMHC approved and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Contact us today for more information about our Edmonton-area roofing services. We'll answer any of your questions and provide you with a free estimate.